Some of the study and practices I've done...
I began meditating in 1971 with a practice called Transcendental Meditation. In 1998, I transitioned into Insight Meditation (Vipassana) and continue today with that practice under the guidance of Brian Lesage and Susie Harrington. Mindfulness practice has been in my life since 1998.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Mindfulness and Meditation Courses
- The Science of Mindfulness: A Research-Based Path to Well-Being with Ronald D. Siegel (Online) - 2018
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction with Palouse Mindfulness (Online 8 weeks) - 2017
- Awakening Joy 2.0 with James Baraz, (Online 5 months) – 2016
- Power of Awareness with Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach (Online 7 weeks) - 2016
- Mindful Schools Curriculum Training (Online 6 weeks) – June-July, 2015
- Dharma in Daily Living – 2012-2014, 2-year program with Susie Harrington to deepen formal practice and to integrate the Buddhadharma into daily life. Included a 3-day retreat every 3 months.
- Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training – 2007-2009, 18-month Training Program co-sponsored by Spirit Rock Meditation Center and Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. Included 3 11-day retreats.
- Awakening Joy with James Baraz, (Online 10 months each) - 2007, 2008, 2010 and 2012
- Insight Meditation: An In-depth Correspondence Course– Sharon Salzberg & Joseph Goldstein – (Audio 1 year) January 2004-2005
- Vipassana Meditation with Andrew Quernmore (Online 3 months) - January-March 2003
- Mindfulness Meditation – 2017-present
- Yoga – 1999-2015
- SilverSneakers – Older Adult Fitness - 2008-2015
- Water Aerobics – 2010-2015
- Colorado Mountain College – computer science, bookkeeping, yoga – 1993-2007
The things I love....