Some of the study and practices I've done...
I began meditating in 1971 with a practice called Transcendental Meditation. In 1998, I transitioned into Insight Meditation (Vipassana) and continue today with that practice under the guidance of Brian Lesage and Susie Harrington. Mindfulness practice has been in my life since 1998.
I took my first Awakening Joy online class in 2007 with James Baraz. Since then, I have taken the course a total of 7 times. Every time I told a friend about the class, they were interested and I said I'd be their Joy Buddy. So we both signed up for the class. The class material changed my life and continues to be an important of my daily life. I received my Awakening Joy teacher certification in June 2019.
Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology, University of Colorado, Boulder, CO
Awakening Joy Courses with James Baraz
- Awakening Joy Teacher Training (Online 6 months) - 2019
- Awakening Joy 2.0 with James Baraz (Online 5 months) – 2016
- Awakening Joy with James Baraz (Online 10 months each) - 2007, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2019
Mindfulness and Meditation Courses
- The Science of Mindfulness: A Research-Based Path to Well-Being with Ronald D. Siegel (Online) - 2018
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction with Palouse Mindfulness (Online 8 weeks) - 2017
- Power of Awareness with Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach (Online 7 weeks) - 2016
- Mindful Schools Curriculum Training (Online 6 weeks) – June-July, 2015
- Dharma in Daily Living – 2012-2014, 2-year program with Susie Harrington to deepen formal practice and to integrate the Buddhadharma into daily life. Included a 3-day retreat every 3 months.
- Mindfulness Yoga and Meditation Training – 2007-2009, 18-month Training Program co-sponsored by Spirit Rock Meditation Center and Kripalu Center for Yoga and Health. Included 3 11-day retreats.
- Insight Meditation: An In-depth Correspondence Course– Sharon Salzberg & Joseph Goldstein – (Audio 1 year) January 2004
- Vipassana Meditation with Andrew Quernmore (Online 3 months) - January-March 2003
- Awakening Joy - 2019-present
- Mindfulness Meditation – 2017-present
- Yoga – 1999-2015
- SilverSneakers – Older Adult Fitness - 2008-2015
- Water Aerobics – 2010-2015
- Colorado Mountain College – computer science, bookkeeping, yoga – 1993-2007
The things I love....